Friday, May 02, 2008

No country for old women

Another Beltayne. Another year. In a country where the 1st of May is not celebrated. And here I am… I,who was born with a big notice in my hand demanding my rights. In the night of the fire of the most passionate sexuality, when the energy flows. I should be out looking for another passionate soul to celebrate it
And f course, I came home to study. But I took chocolate cake to school this morning and greeted them for Beltayne, and I have been asked if I am a witch and I said a bit

And then I got home after eating chocolate cake and a donut for lunch, and my stomach was upset. I start making white rice and my sink stops working. I try everything, but there I am, with the rice boiling .
So I call maintenance. And he comes in ten minutes

A big afroamerican gay three heads taller than me. With a T-shirt and a air pressure bottle. And There I am, I, who has seen No Country for Old Men during the weekend. And who has been calling myself old all day long
I’ll say it again. And air pressure bottle.I llok at him, smile, a high pitch silly laugh comes out of my mind, ji ji ji.. " Come in"
He goes and stands near the sink in the kitchen, and pushes the little lever “wiki wiki". and in my head, like a flash, the image of Javier Bardem and the sound of the film And my hair at the back of my head like goosepumps and the sweat.

So, the gay lifts the bottle and I see the black hole of hte pressu er. re airm like the Cohens’ close ups. The saliva goes through my throat like a ball of scrub
Me alone.
The studio in New York. The two meter gay. The bottle of pressure air. Javier Bardem. The hole of the bottle of pressure air. And I can see my shiny new 34 years in front of me like ina film the photograms of which get mixed up with the ones from No Country
And after that moment in which the hole of the bottle points at me, seconds that seem to be hours, the bottle goes away and gets dept in the water that is overflowing the sink. I hear the noise of the bottle shooting, like in the film The pipes complain and the water starts
That’s it. He leaves. Maybe I should tip him. But how much? 10$? I have no change. I do not know where my purse is. He tells me off. I should not leave the food go down the drain..
Maybe I should stop watching so many movies.

One more year. My father has sent me a greeting on the mail in which he has griten “ I’ll leave to you the pondering over the time going by etc”Like father, like daughter.
The pondering of the time going by, the life, etc, I’ll leave them to you. It’s too many years pondering.. and what for?
However… thank you very much for being there putting up with me another year, for the support despite the distance, for the love in spite of not being able to hold you, for how important it is that when I find bedbugs in my mattress I can call somebody to cry, or when I have to go to emergency, or when I get a U, or when my sink gets blocked.
Thank you for being my friend :D




Otro Beltayne, otro año más. En un país donde no se celebra el uno de Mayo. Yo que nací ya con mi pancarta en la mano exigiendo mis derechos. En la noche del fuego de la sexualidad más apasionada, cuando las energía fluyen. Donde habría que salir a buscar otro alma apasionada para celebrarlo.
Y claro, yo trabajando
Y luego, me he venido a casa a estudiar.

Pero... he llevado pastel de chocolate y he felicitado Beltayne, y me han preguntado si era bruja...y he dicho que un poco.
Y luego llego a casa, y después de comer pastel de chocolate y un donut de lunch,tengo el estómago boca arriba. Me empiezo a hacer un arroz blanco. y mi fregadero que se niega a funcionar.Y mira que he hecho de todo, y yo con el arroz en la olla.

Así que he llamado al maintenance. Y diez minutos más tarde ha llegado.
Un afroamericano que me saba tres cabezas, con camiseta y una bombona de aire comprimido.
Y yo que este finde he visto " No country for old men" Y que llevo todo el día llamándome a mi misma old woman.

Voy a repetir, una bombona de aire comprimido. Le miro, sonrío, me sale un risilla tonta y aguda ji ji..."Come in"
Va , se pone al lado del fregadero, y hace en la palanquita wiki wiki wiki. Y en mi cabeza como un flash, la imagen de Javier Bardem, y el sonido de la película. Y los cabellos de la nuca erizados, y el sudor.
Así que el tío levanta la bombona y veo el agujero del aire comprimido, como los primeros planos de los Cohen. La saliva pasa por mi garganta como si fuera una bola de estropajo. Yo sola. El estudio en Nueva York. El tío de dos metros. La bombona de aire comprimido. Javier Bardem. el agujero de la bombona de aire comprimido. Y mis 34 años recién cumplidos pasan por delante de mi, como en una película cuyos fotogramas se juntan con los de No Country.
Y tras ese momento en el que la bombona me apunta, segundos que parecen horas, la bomona se aleja y se hunde en el agua que se desborda del fregadero. Oigo el ruido de la bombona al dispararse, igual que el de la película. Las tuberías se quejan y el agua empieza a correr.
Ya está. Se va. Le daría propina. Pero cuánto. ¿10$? No trengo suelto. No sé donde está el monedero. Me regaña. Que no deje que la comida se vaya por el desagüe.

Tal vez tendría que dejar de ver tantas películas.

Un año más. Mi padre me ha mandado una felicitación por mail, en la que me ha puesto " las reflexiones sobre el paso del tiempo, etc te las dejo a ti"
De tal palo tal astilla.
Las consideraciones sobre el paso del tiempo, la vida, etc...os las dejo a vosotros. Que ya son muchos años refelxionando, y total pa qué...

Eso sí, muchas gracias por estar ahí aguántandome otro año, por el apoyo a pesar de la distacia, por el cariño a pesar de no poder abrazaros, por lo importante que es saber que cuando encuentro chinches en un colchón puedo llamar a alguien para llorar, o cuando tengo que ir a urgencias, o cuando me ponen una U, o cuando se me atasca el fregadero...

Thank you for being my friend.:D

2 comments:

bizarro con interrupciones said...

¡¡Feliz Cumpleaños Nehmila!!!

¡¡¡Happy Birthday, Nehmila!!!

Beatriz Montero said...

Feliz cumple, con algo de retraso. Pensé que al final te tirabas al negro de la bombona comprimida. Qué pena, que arreglara tan rápido el desagüe.